School Nurse

Prepare for Your Student’s Health at School

Washington state law requires that school staff and parents/guardians plan together for the safe care of their child throughout the school day.

Health Issues

Please report any health issue your child has that could impact safety and learning at school to the school nurse.

To report an issue, you can contact the nurse directly by phone or email, fill out the online student verification form on The Source (September 1-30), or fill out the Annual Student Health Update paper form  (on the district Health Services Forms page).

Examples include: Seizures, diabetes, asthma, life-threatening allergic reaction, cancer treatment, and anemia.

Medication at School

If a student needs to take any type of medication during the school day, even if it is temporary, an Authorization for Medications Taken at School form (on the Health Services Forms page) must be completed by the student's health care provider and signed by the parent/guardian.

Medical Treatments at School

If a student needs a treatment at school, such as: G-tube feeding, insulin calculation, clean urinary catheterization, suctioning, nebulizer, dressing change, and others please have the student's health care provider complete the Authorization for Treatments and Procedures to be Performed at School form (on the Health Services Forms page).

Fall Flu Shots

Protect yourself and your community from the flu. Students (ages 4 and older), staff, and community members can get their annual flu shot at one of the flu shot clinics. Visit the SPS Flu Shot Clinics page for dates/times and to find a clinic near you.

Most forms of insurance (including Apple Health and Medicaid) and cash or check are accepted.

Students who are enrolled in their school-based health center can also get the flu shot. Visit the King County School Health website for a listing of locations.

Immunization Resources


Health Services 

As a Seattle Public School, we are dedicated to maintaining and improving our students’ health first and foremost. Therefore, all SPS schools offer free health services throughout the district. Seattle Early College students can access one of the 3 School Based Health Centers (SBHC’s) with which we have established relationships over the past few years. Students may access any SBHC and can choose based on convenience.  

Ingraham Teen Health Center run by Public Health.  

Contact - Teri Ginster, ARNP provides primary care including contraception.  

Website -  

Hours - M-F 8am-4pm during the school year.  

Phone Number - 206-205-0430  

Notes – For mental health counseling, Ingraham does not have capacity to see our students. However, nearby Valley Cities housed at 10521 Meridian Ave N. does walk-in behavioral health intakes on M-F, 8:30am-2pm. Their office number is 206-296-4660. If you would like access to their services, please call 253-939-4055. Additionally, on Tuesdays, Valley Cities at Meridian has walk-in substance abuse disorder/chemical dependency assessments from 8:30-2pm.  


Garfield Teen Health Center (SU Preference)  run by Seattle Children’s/Odessa Brown. Contact - Amy Andersen & Oriana Souers-Dilley, N.P., located in Room 102  

Website -  

Hours - M-F 8:30am-4pm during the school year except holidays/breaks.  

Phone Number - 206-860-0480  

Notes - Rosie Moore is the Mental Health Counselor at Garfield and has availability to see our students usually within the week. Dr. Sandy Walker is the psychiatrist there on Friday mornings from 9-11am.  

Roosevelt School-Based Clinic (UW Preference)  run by Neighborcare.  

Contact - Auky Van Beek, PA-C is the Primary Care Provider. Rm 255  

Website -  

Hours - M-F 8am-4pm, school days only.  

Phone Number - 206-527-8336  

Notes - Nancy Schub and Natalie Wonder are the mental health counselors for Roosevelt. If they do not have capacity, it is best to make a medical appointment with Auky and get a referral to ACRS or Ryther.  


Students in crisis can call the Crisis Clinic at 206-461-3222 . We have a relationship with Consejo Counseling & Referral Services. They will have a counselor come to your school at your request.

Contact Information

Cheri Gail MN ARNP


Phone: 206) 379-3933

Hours: TBA

Additional Resources

For information about head lice, how to know when your child is too sick for school, and more, please visit the SPS Health Services Additional Resources page.

School-Based Health Center (SBHC)

List of King County School-Based Health Centers

Students have access to additional health services through the school-based health center located at this or a nearby school.

Services are available to all students, regardless of their ability to pay. Your insurance may be billed.

Services include immunizations, sports physicals, prescriptions, reproductive healthcare, mental health counseling, lab tests, and nutrition counseling.

Families must enroll their student to receive most services. Students can enroll themselves for confidential health services.