Skip To ContentSkip To Content

    Health Resources during COVID-19 school building closures: School-Based Health Centers, which are located at many Seattle public middle and high schools, provide services to all students, regardless of their ability to pay. 

    Visit our district website to learn more about School-Based Health Centers Resources.

    Prepare for Your Student’s Health at School

    Washington state law requires that school staff and parents plan together for the safe care of their child throughout the school day.

    • Health issues: Please report any health issue your child has that could impact safety and learning at school to the school nurse. You can contact the nurse directly by phone or e-mail. Or fill out the online student verification form (September 1-30) or through the Annual Student Health Update paper form. Examples include: Seizures, diabetes, asthma, life-threatening allergic reaction, cancer treatment, and anemia.

    • Medication at school: If your child needs to take any type of medication during the school day, even if it’s temporary, a medication form must be completed by the child’s health care provider and signed by parent. Authorization for Medications Taken at School (multiple languages)

    • Medical treatments at school: If your child needs a treatment at school, such as: G-tube feeding, insulin calculation, clean urinary catheterization, suctioning, nebulizer, dressing change, and others please have the health care provider complete the treatment form. Authorization for Treatments and Procedures to be Performed at School


    Fall Flu Shots

    Protect yourself and your community from the flu. Seattle Visiting Nurse Association will provide your annual flu shot to students (ages 4 and older), staff and community members.
    Most forms of insurance (including Apple Health and Medicaid) and cash or check are accepted. Visit the SPS Flu Clinics page for dates/times for a clinic near you.
    Students who are enrolled in their school-based health center can also get the flu shot. Visit the King County School Health website for a listing of locations.


    Immunization Information

    To attend school students must present a signed Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS). Our district requires that immunization information on the CIS comes from a medical provider. WA State Immunization laws state that the student is in compliance if they are:

    • Fully immunized or
    • In process of getting immunized
    • Has a completed Certificate of Exemption

    As of July 28, 2019, personal exemptions are no longer accepted in Washington State for the measles-MMR vaccine. Students who were previously in compliance with a Certificate of Exemption for MMR are now listed as out of compliance with state law.

    You can obtain a copy of your own or your child’s (under age 18) immunization record located in the Washington Immunization Information System (WAIIS).

    Visit to keep up-to-date with past immunizations, get reminders for your family’s future immunizations, and even print your own official records.

    Students can receive immunizations through their school-based health center or at a school-based health center located nearby. King County School Health

    Other Immunization Resources:


    Health Services 

    As a Seattle Public School, we are dedicated to maintaining and improving our students’ health first and foremost. Therefore, all SPS schools offer free health services throughout the district. Seattle Early College students can access one of the 3 School Based Health Centers (SBHC’s) with which we have established relationships over the past few years. Students may access any SBHC and can choose based on convenience.  

    Ingraham Teen Health Center run by Public Health.  

    Contact - Teri Ginster, ARNP provides primary care including contraception.  

    Website -  

    Hours - M-F 8am-4pm during the school year.  

    Phone Number - 206-205-0430  

    Notes – For mental health counseling, Ingraham does not have capacity to see our students. However, nearby Valley Cities housed at 10521 Meridian Ave N. does walk-in behavioral health intakes on M-F, 8:30am-2pm. Their office number is 206-296-4660. If you would like access to their services, please call 253-939-4055. Additionally, on Tuesdays, Valley Cities at Meridian has walk-in substance abuse disorder/chemical dependency assessments from 8:30-2pm.  


    Garfield Teen Health Center (SU Preference) run by Seattle Children’s/Odessa Brown. Contact - Amy Andersen & Oriana Souers-Dilley, N.P., located in Room 102  

    Website -  

    Hours - M-F 8:30am-4pm during the school year except holidays/breaks.  

    Phone Number - 206-860-0480  

    Notes - Rosie Moore is the Mental Health Counselor at Garfield and has availability to see our students usually within the week. Dr. Sandy Walker is the psychiatrist there on Friday mornings from 9-11am.  

    Roosevelt School-Based Clinic (UW Preference) run by Neighborcare.  

    Contact - Auky Van Beek, PA-C is the Primary Care Provider. Rm 255  

    Website -  

    Hours - M-F 8am-4pm, school days only.  

    Phone Number - 206-527-8336  

    Notes - Nancy Schub and Natalie Wonder are the mental health counselors for Roosevelt. If they do not have capacity, it is best to make a medical appointment with Auky and get a referral to ACRS or Ryther.  


    Students in crisis can call the Crisis Clinic at 206-461-3222. We have a relationship with Consejo Counseling & Referral Services. They will have a counselor come to your school at your request.

    Contact Information

    Cheri Gail MN ARNP


    Phone: 206) 379-3933

    Hours: TBA

    Additional Resources

    Visit our SPS District Health Services Resource page for links to additional helpful information for families.

    School-Based Health Center (SBHC)

    Students have access to additional health services through the school-based health center located at this or a nearby school.

    Services are available to all students, regardless of their ability to pay. Your insurance may be billed and this program is also supported by the Seattle Families, Education, Preschool, and Promise Plan

    Services include immunizations, sports physicals, prescriptions, reproductive healthcare, mental health counseling, lab tests, and nutrition counseling.

    Families must enroll their student to receive most services. Students can enroll themselves for confidential health services. King County School Health